The father of an 8-year-old British Indian boy who died in 1981 in the so-called ‘Royal Wedding Day Murder’ has sensationally claimed that his son may have been killed by a group of paedophiles with links to Westminster.
Vishambar Mehrotra told the Daily Telegraph that police “covered up” the crime in a bid to protect high-level “judges and politicians”.
Mr Mehrotra’s son Vishal vanished near Putney, South London as the family made their way home after watching the wedding procession of the Prince of Wales and Diana Spencer in July 1981.
Vishal had been walking ahead of the rest of the family.
Seven months later, the little boy’s skull and part of his rib cage were found by pigoen shooters in marshland near Rogate, West Sussex.
Mr Mehrotra, a retired magistrate, told the Telegraph that he had been approached by a male prostitute in the months after his son’s disappearance, claiming that Vishal may have been kidnapped and taken to a guest house near to where he vanished and later killed.
Mr Mehrotra claims that when he approached Scotland Yard with the news they refused to investigate.
He told The Telegraph: “I was contacted by a young man who seemed to be in his 20s. He told me he believed Vishal may have been taken by paedophiles in the Elm Guest House near Barnes Common.
“He said there were very highly placed people there. He talked about judges and politicians who were abusing little boys.
“I recorded the whole 15-minute conversation and took it to police. But instead of investigating it, they just pooh-poohed it and I never heard anything about the tape again. The whole thing went cold.
“At that time I trusted the police. But when nothing happened, I became confused and concerned.
“Now it is clear to me that there has been a huge cover up. There is no doubt in my mind.”
Four months after Vishal’s remains were found, police raided the Elm and questioned dozens of men, reportedly including at least 30 prominent public figures and businessmen.
Mr Mehrotra adds: “This guesthouse was right next to where Vishal disappeared. There were predatory people there who were taking young boys and abusing them. It seems to me that it all adds up, so I can’t understand why the police have again failed to get in contact with me. I think the revelations of [Jimmy] Savile and others in recent months have opened up a Pandora’s box. Hopefully everything will all come out soon.”
The Elm is the focus of a fresh inquiry by police investigating possible murders there allegedly perpetrated by high-level politicians.
The investigation began after an alleged victim came forward claiming he saw the murder of three boys, including one who was strangled by a Conservative Party MP during a sex game, at the property.
The so-called Westminster Paedophile Ring came to light in the wake of the historic sex abuse claims made against the late entertainer Jimmy Saville.
The “powerful” paedophile network had close links to Westminster and 10 Downing Street, according to several MP’s. At the helm of the ring is said to have been the late Liberal Party MP Cyril Smith who has been widely alleged to have abused children at the Elm.
Earlier this year it was revealed that files relating to the claims of sexual abuse by the rin had “disappeared” from the Home Office around the same time as the Times reported that more than a dozen current and former politicians are being investigated by Scotland Yard.
On Wednesday, Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg described Mr Mehrotra’s allegations about a cover-up as “grotesque”.
Speaking on his weekly radio show on LBC, Mr Clegg said: “You can’t think of a more serious and grotesque allegation than that, and it clearly needs to be looked into.
“We are in the early stages of really a reckoning with our past, of things happening on a scale and of a gravity which just a few months ago would have seemed unimaginable and almost too horrific to contemplate”.
Scotland Yard has refused comment on an on-going investigation.